Our firm offers a wide range of services to our individual and business clients. Our clients benefit from personalized, quality service that is beyond comparison. We have listed the services that we offer to our clients, together with a brief description.
As the list below is by no means comprehensive, please feel free to inquire about a service if you do not see it listed.
Providing financial information to our clients in a timely and accurate manner is a commitment that we feel cannot be compromised. Meaningful, well-organized financial records ensure that your business operations will run more efficiently on a daily basis. Our firm provides a full range of cost effective accounting services including the following:
- General ledger & financial statement preparation
- Bookkeeping (Monthly/Quarterly/Annual)
- Accounting system setup for new businesses
- Compilation of financial statements
- Audits and reviews
Meaningful, well-organized financial records ensure that your business operations will run more efficiently on a daily basis and are the foundation of a successful business. Our qualified staff can assist you with the day-to-day tasks associated with bookkeeping.
Audits, Reviews and Compilations
We view our role in the financial reporting process as an opportunity to provide constructive solutions for maximizing your company's profitability and efficiency. We provide financial reporting on all three levels of assurance:
- Audit - an intensive examination with the highest level of assurance
- Review - some analytical procedures conducted with limited assurance
- Compilation - based upon client information provided and used primarily for internal use.
We gauge our worth by the personal and business successes of our clients. We can help your business identify areas negatively affecting profitability and growth and develop solutions that are practical and technically sound. In addition to acting as a sounding board for management, we provide comprehensive, flexible strategies that address the issues affecting your business. The following are just a few of the areas in which we provide consulting services:
- Accounting software selection and implementation
- Business valuations
- Buying/selling a business
- Business process improvement
- Computer systems
- Financial & retirement planning
- Estate planning
Due to our diverse client base, we encounter a wide array of financial and tax issues. As a result, we have gained valuable experience over the years in numerous specialized areas, many of which are listed below. We feel our ability to provide such a variety of services reflects our versatility and competency, as well as our dedication to quality client service.
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Corporate recovery
- Asset protection
- Debt Management
- Business start-up or expansion
- Litigation support
- Cash flow forecasting
- Employee benefit plans
- Expert witness services
We prefer to take a proactive vs. reactive approach to tax services. By keeping current on new tax laws and legislation, we are in a position to identify key tax planning opportunities that minimize both your current and future tax liabilities. We provide our individual and business clients with the taxation expertise and knowledge that they deserve throughout the year. Tax services offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tax planning for individuals and corporations
- Return preparation for - Individuals - Corporations - Estates and trusts - Not-for-profit organizations
- Provincial and federal commodity tax planning and compliance
- Tax considerations in matrimonial settlements
- Tax effects of buying/selling a business
- Tax effective retirement and estate planning
Tax Planning & Preparation
Tax planning and preparation form a winning combination for our successful individual and business clients. Our experienced staff can develop tax-minimization strategies to optimize your after-tax position.
As a business grows, it must hire more employees, which can result in increased payroll administration. We can assist you in implementing the controls necessary to ensure a reliable, efficient, and effective payroll system. Our firm can also help you develop a payroll system and prepare all necessary payroll tax returns in a timely manner.
Federal and Provincial Sales Tax (GST, HST, PST and QST)
Many of our clients are responsible for collecting and submitting sales taxes in many different jurisdictions. We can assist your company in the compilation of information and preparation of sales tax returns, and in controlling your sales-tax-related costs.